I always say if you love a lot of people, there’s going to be a lot of drama.
Or, maybe that’s me just rationalizing the often chaotic life that seems to be mine.
I thought you might like to see my to-do list for the next few days as, once again, I am evoking the self-care amendment in my contract (there’s no contract, I made that up) and taking a knee this month. I can’t write an essay, but I can tell you what’s going on.
- Visit ex-husband in the hospital day 16 out of 16. He’s very ill. I’m very tired of losing my car in the parking ramp. I fed him a ginger candy for nausea, and he threw it up. Did I tell you I used to be a nurse? I was. He is slowly getting on his feet, despite my efforts to help.
- Mamogram – why the rush? There’s no rush, but I can’t take another reminder from my clinic.
- Dentist – I’m thinking it’s not going to be a love connection. They reminded me to floss over the phone, and I can’t help but feel targeted.
- Record a few podcasts answering questions people ask about health and stress – which I think we can all see the irony in this one.
- Finish my book. Falling in Love Is the Easy Part. I should have called this book. Writing This Book Is the Hard Part, but my job in life is to make things look easy and stress-free HAHAHA
- Make arrangements to get my child to London for grad school by mid-September. Oh yeah. Just that.
- Get peanut and self to the groomers. Don’t you wish it was all in the same building? Let’s push for that in the next presidential election.
- Say hello to you all and tell you about the new Poppy books.
- Continue to nap (this is a to-do for all of us).
- xo Ann
Part two is here: https://wp.me/p7XeA8-K8
Haha Ann. Thank you for making me laugh. The grooming idea is an excellent one. Bo and I are on the same schedule. Cheers!
I’m so glad you are laughing…keep it up, love.
I just love your stories….you are just what I needed today, laughing!
This comment is just what I needed today.
Thank you — turns out I need this today too.